Developers' Diary


A few things:


- Jules drew a new scene for the novel part. I think it’s my favorite thing he’s ever drawn. *DRINK ZOL*.
- Brianne is in the game and looking better than ever. We have known Brianne for so long, in our heads, that sometimes I forget how it’s only recently that she came to exist in the actual game. She looks and acts just the way I’ve always expected her to. :D
- We switched from [MediaWiki]( to [Backpack]( for managing the project. I think MediaWiki is great for huge collaborative projects like Wikipedia, but Backpack seems to let us update things more quickly and then get back to making a video game.
- I haven’t had a lot of time to work on the game lately, but Jules and I have managed to get together and finally work out what seems to be a workable explosion effect system. We had been trying to calculate appropriate explosion sizes based on the dying guy’s *hit points*, for some reason, when it makes way more sense to use his *volume*. We’ve also stopped trying to calculate how long a guy should bleed explosions before disappearing, and we now just draw from a table of set durations.
- Tonight I fixed some bugs that have been bothering me for a while: line breaks weren’t appearing in the ideal locations in our text bubbles, and there was a big gap in the middle of the sky of our test level. It’s nice to have both of those working seamlessly now.

No responses to 'Items'.

Comments and pings are currently closed for 'Items'.